Skandagiri Sunrise Trek
Located just 70 KM from Bangalore, Skandagiri is the epitome of a perfect weekend escape for those seeking adventure and breathtaking views. This mountain fortress, also known as Kalwarbetta or Kalavara Durga, holds a rich history dating back to the reign of Tipu Sultan, who built the fortress before losing the Anglo-Mysore War in 1791.
Despite being abandoned for centuries, the beauty of Skandagiri Hills only continues to grow with time. As restrictions on night treks become increasingly stringent, the Skandagiri trek remains one of the few legally accessible sunrise treks available to explore.
Take a step back in time and immerse yourself in the rich history and breathtaking views that Skandagiri has to offer. With its close proximity to Bangalore and its picture-perfect sunrise, this trek is a must-do for anyone seeking adventure and a change of scenery.
With Transportation(Transportation & Accomodation Included)
₹ 1999/- per person
Without Transportation(Accomodation Included)
₹ 1549/- per person
- The exciting journey starts with a pickup from 7PM.
- 7:30PM, Pick-up from Yashwanthpur Metro Station
- 8:00PM, 5M Car Care, Bhashyam Circle
- 8:15PM, State Bank of India, Vasant Nagar
- 8:30PM, Shanti Sagar, Hallasuru
- 8:45PM, Indira Nagar Metro Station
- 9:30PM, Esteem Mall, Hebbal
- 9:50PM, Yelahanka Old Town
- Reach the base, enjoy the fun tent pitching activity and retire for the day in your tents.
- Start the trek at 4AM in the morning.
- Reach the summit by 6 AM and experience a mesmerising sunrise.
- Start descending from the summit and return to the starting point by 8 AM.
- Have a quick breakfast.
- Reach Bhoga Nandishwara Temple and soak in the divinity of the place.
- Reach Bangalore by 12:30PM
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Forest permits
- Tent Stay
- Trek leader from ETK and an Experienced Naturalist
- Unforgetable Experience with comfort and safety
- Breakfast & Dinner
- Personal Expenses.
- Insurance (health, medical, life accidental,etc ).
- Anything not included above.
Things to Carry
- Compact Backpack
- Digital or physical copy of aadhar
- Hydration essential - 2 one-liter water bottles
- Protect your gear with a raincoat or bag cover
- Illuminate your path with a torch or headlamp for night time navigation
- Stay warm with a down or fleece jacket
- Keep your head and ears warm with a woollen cap
- Protect your skin from the sun with a sun cap and SPF sunscreen.