Avalabetta and Guddibande Fort Trek
Avalabetta is a popular hill station located in the Indian state of Karnataka, about 90 kilometers from Bangalore. The scenic beauty of Avalabetta is something that is hard to put into words. It is a perfect getaway from the hustle and bustle of the city, offering a serene and peaceful environment.
The journey to Avalabetta is itself a wonderful experience. The drive takes you through winding roads, lush green forests, and small villages. The view of the rolling hills and the dense forests along the way is breathtaking, and you can't help but feel closer to nature.
Gudibande, which means "A temple on top of a rock" in Kannada language, is a fortress constructed in the 17th century by a chieftain named Byre Gowda. It is one of the lesser-known forts in the region and is considered to be a miniature version of the Madhugiri Fort. Although the trek up the Gudibande fort is not as challenging as the Madhugiri fort trail, the panoramic vistas from the summit are unparalleled.
The pinnacle of the fortress houses an ancient Shiva temple, which contains one of the 108 Jyotirlingas. Upon reaching the top, there are numerous ruins to explore while enjoying breathtaking views of the impressive Byrasagara reservoir.
With Transportation(Transportation & Accomodation Included)
₹ 1999/- per person
Without Transportation(Accomodation Included)
₹ 1499/- per person
- Pickup starts at 7PM.
- 7:30PM, Pick-up from Yashwanthpur Metro Station
- 8:00PM, 5M Car Care, Bhashyam Circle
- 8:15PM, State Bank of India, Vasant Nagar
- 8:30PM, Shanti Sagar, Hallasuru
- 8:45PM, Indira Nagar Metro Station
- 9:30PM, Esteem Mall, Hebbal
- 9:50PM, Yelahanka Old Town
- Enjoy ice breaking sessions, fun-activities and retire for the day in your rooms.
- Hit the avalabetta trails at 6 AM in the morning.
- Reach the summit and head back to the trek start point.
- Head back to the homestay for an energizing breakfast.
- Conclude the trip with a visit to Gudibande Fort which offers a stunning aerial view of surrounding villages and forests.
- Reach Bangalore by 4:30 PM
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Forest permits
- Home Stay
- Trek leader from ETK and an Experienced Naturalist
- Unforgetable Experience with comfort and safety
- 1-Breakfast, 1-Lunch and 1-Dinner.
- Personal Expenses.
- Insurance (health, medical, life accidental,etc ).
- Anything not included above.
Things to Carry
- Compact Backpack
- Digital or physical copy of aadhar
- Hydration essential - 2 one-liter water bottles
- Protect your gear with a raincoat or bag cover
- Illuminate your path with a torch or headlamp for night time navigation
- Stay warm with a down or fleece jacket
- Keep your head and ears warm with a woollen cap
- Protect your skin from the sun with a sun cap and SPF sunscreen.